An oath for today's youth

Several days ago I had a chance to attend a public lecture - “Ignited Minds : The Power of the Youth” by APJ Dr.Abdul Kalam, the former President of India, during his one week visit to Malaysia.

As the planet Earth is facing many conflicts both natural and man-made, he stressed that every single youth holds the responsibility to work for universal harmony by ironing out all the causes of conflicts

Thus, he administered nine points oath to be repeated by the audience, youths and students especially. And, here I share them for your knowledge and guidance.

1. I realize that small aim is a crime. I will have a goal and work hard to achieve that goal.


2. I will always be righteous in the heart which leads to beauty in the character, beauty in the character brings harmony in the home, harmony in the home leads to order in the nation and order in the nation leads to peace in the world.


3. I will work with integrity and succeed with integrity.


4. I will be a good citizen, a good member of my family, a good member of the society, a good member of the nation and a good member of the world.

5. I will always try to save or better someone's life. Wherever I am, a thought will always come to my mind. That is “What can I give?”

6. I will always protect and enhance the dignity of every human life.

7. I will always remember that “Let not my winged days, be spent in vain”.

8. I will always work for clean planet Earth and clean energy.

9. As a youth of Malaysia, I will work and work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others.


3 comments to "An oath for today's youth"