ISA : Let's talk about double standards

It's a clear cut of another Ops Lalang. RPK was the first victim of UMNO's "ramai-ramai masuk ISA" campaign. Well that was something everyone expected to happen, either sooner or later. In fact RPK himself wrote in Malaysia Today that he would be dragged under the draconian law when UMNO feels the time has come. And. I guess he was talking about "yesterday" all this while. In one of his recent articles RPK said,
...this could probably be the last article I write, at least until 16 September 2008. So I too need Anwar to succeed. If not I will be in Kamunting for quite some time to come and you will not hear from me over the next couple of years. Yes, I too have placed, not only my money, but also my freedom on Anwar. And if Anwar fails to deliver his promise on 16 September 2008, not only he but I as well am headed for a fall. But I have confidence he will do it.

And I have confidence that my stay in Kamunting will not be for two years but for a mere two weeks. But if I am wrong…..well, then see you maybe in six or seven years time...
But what was wrong in Sin Chiew Daily journalist, Tan Hoon Cheng reporting the truth to the rakyat exposing Ahmad Ismail's comments quoting Chinese and Indians as "immigrants".? And, why should be Teresa Kok, a MP who was elected by the rakyat to serve them put behind the bars for god knows what reason! Umno is going overboard and their acts are against democracy.

But, the perpetrator who vowed to conduct a nationwide roadshow on his racial remarks without any remorse is still at large. Ahmad Ismail who deserves an ISA act on him more than anyone else do is suspended for 3 years, just nice for him to pop up again for the next elections so that he could continue to propagate his racial agendas. And, no actions taken against the Utusan Malaysia fellas who stirred up rumors and reported false news.

Talk about double standards. Talk about media freedom. Talk about reporting the truth. I am losing hope already. Just like many of the Malaysians out there, I am desperate to see some signs for a new Malaysia that will overthrow the UMNO dogs rot to death with their laws and racist mentality.


0 comments to "ISA : Let's talk about double standards"