A busy December

I have traveled a lot this December. My journeys were long and full of of excitements. It was all started with my semester break last month. I was in Ipoh towards the end of November and came down to KL on 1st of December to mark my presence at the National Indian Youth Convention organized by The Mind. I was together with some of my buddies to attend the one day convention which draws almost 400 delegates. Number of speeches, forums and experience sharing slots took place and I was quite impressed listening to an impromptu speech by Datuk Vinod Shekar. The young millionaire talked about his life experience in making his way to the list of top 40 richest Malaysians in such a young age. I was in KL for another day to joint some of the Malaysian Indian Bloggers for lunch. It was our friendly meeting after a long a break since the last Bloggers Buff, held few months ago. Then, I had to go all the way to South to spend some time at home with my family.

It has been months since I went to Johor Bahru and it was time for me to go back and "punch card" at my place of birth. I only get chances to go back during stretch holidays as my journey to Johor Bahru often takes up to 9 hours. Still, I just stayed a week there before something else came in my way. I had to come back to KL again for three days conference during the mid December days. It was The Conference of Teaching and and Learning in Higher Education 2007 (CTLHE'07) which discussed hundreds of papers pertaining the issues related to higher learning institutes and focused on building the Human Capital in Universities. I was there to present a conference paper and the preparations for that ate up most of my early December holidays.


Anyway, I managed to grab an opportunity to participate in two more social events before I left for the conference. One was the closing ceremony of Total Imerssion Camp that lasted for 21 days in SJK(T) Ulu Tiram. It was an awareness camp for post UPSR students organized by one of the most established NGOs in this country- Education, Welfare and Research Foundation (EWRF). The next would be a prize giving ceremony for the young achievers of UPSR examinations held at Skudai by Johor Tamil School Headmasters Council. More than 200 standard six pupils received certificates and token of appreciation as recognition to their efforts and hard earned results.


I came back to Johor Bahru after the conference on the 14th of December, only to spent a night at home as I left with my family on the next day morning for another round of long trip. I travelled more than 2000km from south to the extreme north of Malaysian before back home after almost a week. I'll talk more of those exciting days in coming posts.

Till then, have fun celebrating the last few days of this year. Say goodbye to 2007 with a great sense of appreciation as this year has been one of the most exciting and wonderful one for all of us. Be prepared to welcome a brand new start. Remember, we can never go back and start a new beginning, but we can always start now and make a new ending. I'll see you again next year with new year resolutions. Period.


3 comments to "A busy December"